Dear San Francisco Giants,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. By position, at first. And then…well then it gets a little ridiculous.
1. Matt Cain is a BAMF!!! Shut-out pitching AND a clutch RBI in Game 7? Yeeaa, buddy!
2. Buster Posey. Always in the zone: calm, cool, collected. And thanks for that GRAND SLAM to save us, BUSTER!!!!!! And that fine, fine booty of yours. That fielder is choice, indeed. *Ba-dum-CH!*
3. Surprise belts by Belt. After a season of first-pitch pop-ups, he hits a solo home run in Game 7 in the NLCS:
4. SCUTAROOOOO!!!! He had a record-tying 14 hits in a single postseason series. Out of 29 at-bats. That’s a .482 batting average. IN THE NLCS!!!!!!!!! And that’s just offense.
5. Pablo. Sometimes, man…
6. Brandon Crawford’s hops:
7. When the steroids leave, the team steps up. (see: Barry Bonds, Melky Cabrera). Dodger fans can be bitter all they want, but we’ve still made it to the Series twice in three years with a goofy band of miSFits. BOOYAH!!
8. Angel’s in the outfield.
9. Like the majestic pelican, Hunter Pence is an odd combination of awkward grace and sweet moves. Just watch that guy bat, and try not to chuckle to yourself. Teeheehee…and then he gets two RBI. Dang.
Extra innings: Cutest bromance ever goes to Timmy and Wilson. Can’t get enough of their goofy-asstasticness.
Images found on San Francisco Giants Facebook Page, Zimbio.com, BayAreaSportsGuy.com, bustedcoverage.com, SFGate.com (Posey), BaseballasReligion.com, SFGate.com (Crawford), Yimg.com, SFGate.com (Wilson and Timmy 1), ManginPhotography.net (Wilson and Timmy 2), tumblr.com (Wilson and Timmy 3), and BleacherReport.com (Wilson and Timmy 4).